I love creating atmospheres and places where you feel right at home. And I not only love creating this for friends and parties but just as much when I am spending a Saturday alone for example. Sometimes we think because we’re single we don’t need to pay attention to those details or we can eat out of the pot instead of using a plate.
But I believe we should be creating a beautiful atmosphere for ourselves just as much as for others. Yes maybe we will eat in front of the TV or in our sweat pants and that’s ok. But light some candles while you do that.
In this series of spending time alone, I thought I’d share with you how I spend a Saturday alone. It only happens a couple of times a year but when it does I go full out, put effort and love into it, and treat myself to a few things I don’t always do. Now here is an important note. This is not just about the indulgence or the loving yourself part. I think we should celebrate when we have time to ourselves and we do need to recharge in order to make a difference in this world. Therefore, what I am telling you is not a habit but a feast which doesn’t come by too often.
So here it goes
Spending a Saturday alone
- I sleep in and then to me it all starts with breakfast and I usually try to go full out like these French toasts and making my favorite coffee from Coffee Circle. In addition, take your time eating. Eat in bed, watch a movie or sit outside. Whatever you fancy.
- I personally love to spend time in the kitchen so I love finding a recipe I would like to try and taking the time to make it like this Gateau Basque, which reminded me so much of my time in France this summer. If you don’t like baking or cooking, find something you like. I don’t like crafting unless it is making flower bouquets.
- Yes flowers. Sometimes you just have to go and buy yourself a nice bouquet. I do it all the time.
- Rest, read a book, take a walk, workout, take a bath. Do whatever you’re in the mood. But let those thoughts flow freely. Write them down if you must. Cry if it is necessary. Don’t be scared to spend time alone.
- Spending a Saturday alone almost always ends with popcorn, wine, cheese and a movie. It is just simply what I love to do. I love getting into a story. So here’s a list of movies I enjoy watching by myself:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Pride and Prejudice
Almost all Hallmark movies
Far from the madding crowd
I really hope I was able to give you an idea about what spending a Saturday alone could look like. If you do find yourself doing one or all of the above, I would love to be tagged. Or use the Hashtag #tableseasons. I would love to be your friend.
Want to get weekly encouragement and a spotify playlist?